I think that I need to explain the relentless pursuit blog title. In the last year I have made some pretty significant changes. I left my corporate job as a District Manager for a Pharmaceutical company where I had worked for 13 years. 13 Years--wow--I can hardly type it. I think that quitting was way overdue. As great as everyone kept telling me the job was, for me it was torture. I knew that I should be doing something else with my life. So I decided (with Gales permission) to take the leap off the cliff. Actually it was a leap off a hill. I stayed on part-time so that I could keep some money coming in and insure those 4 blonde girls could still get braces, and their school vaccinations. So much went into that decision, you would have thought that I was choosing between life and death. Funny how a year later it seems so insignificant. And how much happier I am as I begin to pursue a dream that I have had since college. This is where the relentless pursuit comes into play.
Three years ago Gale and I were sitting in our living room talking about children's television. When Gale sat up in the chair and announced she had "had a revelation!" It was about a children's television program that went around the U.S. and the World explaining how things were done. Giving children an inside peak into the making of everyday products, different types of jobs, as well as how things work. I thought it was a great idea and so we went to work developing a childrens show. And who better to host than our two oldest daughters Chloe and Olivia. Fast forward three years (a whole lot of work, money, joy, and pain) and here we are; two full 30 minute episodes complete, two pilot episodes and a couple of networks starting to notice us. "How in the World..?" is now an official television show. Well, a show that hasn't yet been televised, but one I would still consider a television show. This is me living my dream.
But relentless pursuit means so much more than that to me. I think that it will show in blogs that will come later. But to make it brief I am on the relentless pursuit of a life full of family, spirituality and making a difference! The children's television show lets me do all three at one time. How lucky is that? Ok--so maybe a bit luckier if I could provide a little more financial stability from the show. But, hey--that's to come! Can't miss the fun of the journey getting there.
So my blog will be a mixture of my relentless pursuit, everday events in the life of me and my family and a whole plethora of other "stuff".
What a fantastic day it was! I agreed to meet Chris Garrett and the Barrus's for a mock sprint triathlon at Lake Arcadia. Their meeting time? 6:45 a.m. on a Saturday morning. When the alarm went off I was so mad at myself! Who agreed to such lunacy? What an idiot I was...but once we got there and got going (swim 500 meters, bike 12 miles and run 3.2 miles) I had such a good time. The water was warm and the weather was fantastic. I was back at the house by 10:00 a.m. and ready for the day.
We then headed to Elle's soccer game. She scored two goals, yes such a fine player. All I have to do is scream from the sidelines exactly what she needs to do at every moment in the game. Why aren't the other parents doing this? I had better scream at their children too--I don't want them to feel left out or unloved. Olivia told me she was going to go sit in the car because she was to hot, but I think she may have been a tad bit embarrassed about my enthusiasm.


It was so hot that after the game we decided to take all the kids to "POPS" for lunch. A great new little gas station/restaurant on famous route 66. They have all sorts of bottled pop in the old glass containers. The line was to long to eat so we just got a pop and sat down and enjoyed. I can't explain it but there is something about drinking pop from a glass bottle. It just tastes so much better.
It was then to Lake Hefner to cheer on Bro. Carson and the other triathletes who were competing in the Ironman length "Redman Triathlon". When we got there I soooo badly wished I had trained for it and competed. It killed me to watch them. I just know that right now I don't have 2 hours a day to train. When I got home I looked up all the Ironmen races in the next 6 months. Could I sneak in a bit of training while teaching full time at UCO, working part-time at the pharmaceutical company, finishing my dissertation and getting the company off of the ground? Don't forget the girls and all their activities and spending time with them. I may just figure a way to wing it. One important event happened at the Redman. Elle and Ava were given a black gym bag and inside was a red rubber wristband. It said "Relentless" It was meant to be for me. So I put it on and decided to keep it on as a constant reminder to have faith in what I am doing and to not give up.
It was then to Red Robin and the best new hamburger I have discovered there. The teriyaki pineapple burger. YUM!!! Although the picture is of a chicken teriyaki burger you get the idea. You even get bottomless fries. Add a rootbeer and you have found another reason to live. How much longer before the Sabbath is over? Need one of those right now!

During all this fun poor chloe is at home sick with a stomach virus. We missed having her around. She is so much fun. After Red Robin we headed home with some soup to see how Chloe was and for Gale and I to get ready for our big date night. Every Saturday night I have a hot date!
Last night we decided to go see Sydney White which is a retelling of the Snow White story with Amanda Bynes as Snow White. We also went so we could preview it for the girls. Bad--just bad. Still have a bad taste in my mouth from last night. Dumb humor and it just had to many inappropriate elements for a 12 and 10 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment