
It is a phenomenal cathedral, which ushered in the flying buttress, very important for the Roman Catholics.
Check it out at night--Alex was driving me home and we stopped real quick to check things out.

After Notre Dame it was a quick panini lunch and a "Fanta" and I was off to the Arc de Triumph and Champs-Elysees'. So you would think that I would be impressed by the Champs-Elysees' but what really caught my eye was the car wreck I saw. Actually not a car wreck, a truck trying to head down to underground parking but didn't realize that he was to tall. I couldn't stop laughing! It was so funny. I don't think people thought it was that funny.


Some other great sights were the Arc de Triumph and the Louve of course. I think I walked close to 10 miles that day. I must admit that it just wasn't the same without Gale. I wanted to share it all with her. As I was checking out all the sights of Paris I decided that I couldn't go to the Eiffel tower without Gale, so I left it until I return with her. I did see it from a distance, but I saved going to the top until Gale and I can go return together. I sure miss my family. The girls would love it here as well.


After my touring Melinda who is one of our close friends had me meet up with a couple from Paris that she is close to, Alexis and Corinne. I was so glad I made the effort to go out to dinner with them that night. They are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Alexis has started to learn English and Corinne is an excellent speaker. You would think with a bit of a language barrier that it would have been wierd, but I ended up staying for four hours. Corrine cooked us a great meal and we just sat and talked and laughed and looked up words in the dictionary. (you never know when a word will come up that we couldn't understand each other.) I had a blast! I am going to stay with them the night before I leave. Here they are. A bit of a resemblence between Alexis and I.
They have three boys and live in the nicest part of Paris. Corrine saw me take a liking to French bread and made sure I was stocked for the rest of my trip. It was then back to the hotel for an early TGV train ride to the South of France and Cannes.
No comments:
Post a Comment