Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day Four--Why am I so itchy? Are you guys itchy?

We woke up to some dark clouds and big wind this morning. After breakfast (6 chocolate eggo waffles with strawberry jam on top) we headed out snorkling near the edge of Cooper Island. There were absolutely tons of fish everywhere. All different kinds. It started to get cold and crazy as the storm picked up and started to pelt down on us. The rest of the crew went back to the Dingey and Nate Bray and I snorkled back to the boat. On the way back we saw a school of squid (it was really cool) and a huge jelly fish. I hate jelly fish. There is nothing I like about jelly fish. Well as we swam up to the boat I noticed I was swimming through a small school of about 200 little teeny jelly fish. I panicked and turned on the legs to get out of there. I hate jelly fish. They are like mosquitos--of no use. We got back into the boat and started to sail to Cane Garden Bay and I noticed that I was itchy and no one else was itchy. Then I got really itchy to the point of asking another guy to scratch my back. (I had no takers!) So I pulled out the calamine lotion Gale and got for me and lathered it on. I am feeling a bit better, but I need my girls for some scratches!

As we sailed the storm got worse and there were some big swells. No one got sea sick....once we arrived it was to stormy to really go do anything so we just stayed in the boat and napped, read and played some cards. Just relaxed. It was fun. Gale will laugh at this, but she knows I can never remember card game rules or really even how to play them. So we all sat down to play some cards and none of us knew any card games. Well, I do know how to play hearts, and after trying to explain how I had completely explained it wrong. My brother kept saying "are you sure the spades give us points and not the hearts? Isn't the game called hearts?" After three practice games we finally figured it out. It actually took Nathan Richins about another three games to decipher what to do with the queen of Spades. He could never seem to lay her down at the right time and always took her points.

Later this afternoon Nate Bray and I headed out to find some snorkeling, but because of the storm there was little visability. We did spot a 5 foot stingray, but he was pretty deep so we couldn't do anything to get him to move. We were only out about 45 minutes before we decided to come back. It was a bit spooky with little visability at dusk time. Isn't that shark feeding time, but alas we had no sightings.

So dinner--dinner needs its own paragraph. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, (like there are so many here, I think a total of two restaurants) Anyway, I ordered two pounds of Carribean lobster and steak. Pretty much everyone ordered the same. We couldn't believe it when the food came out. It just kept on coming and coming....Lobster, baked potatoes, vegetables, bread etc. I am now sitting back at the boat ready to blow up. I literally can't move I ate so much food tonight. Don't think I will need to eat for the rest of the trip. It was so good! Think I need to hit the sack and let it digest. No night swimming tonight.

It was nice to relax today and just enjoy hanging out in the boat. Hope my ladies are doing great at home. I love and miss you guys!

No comments: