Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving and my Top 7 list

Thanksgiving was a great time this year. We flew down to spend time with Grandpa and Grandma Aurora in Arizona. The weather was warm and we spent our time swimming, playing tennis and just goofing around. We couldn't have had a better time. (Notice the dollar in Ava's hand--she was constantly snoggin' money from Grandpa.)

We were also able to see cousins and catch up with one of Gale's old friends the Farnsworths.


Just to show how much fun the girls had we took a couple of pictures of "To infiniti and beyond" onto the air mattress.




Okay-so let me be honest. When we flew back from Arizona we left 74 degree weather and landed in 40 degree weather. I had a bit of a hard time readjusting to life in Oklahoma. For the next day I gave Gale all the reasons that we need to live in Arizona. Let me share my list.

1. There are 7 different juice stores within a three mile radius in Mesa instead of the one jamba juice in Edmond.
2. Mesa has a Cosco.
3. There are a gazillion restaurants in Mesa. Not the same 5 we eat at in Edmond.
4. The WEATHER is my type of WEATHER! WARM
5. There are electric towels in all the restrooms in Mesa.....not the kind you have to turn yourself in Oklahoma.
6. I have family in Mesa.
7. There are sidewalks to run on and bike paths and bike lanes to bike on. I have to bike on the road in Edmond.
So I let Gale know of all the differences and why we should move to Arizona. She then reminded me of all of our friends here, all of our children's friends, how much we love the schools, the great piano teacher and tennis coach's and also this is where the good Lord wants us right now. So hence--we stay! (For now..............) Give me a couple of days and I will be back to my Oklahoma self.





1 comment:

okbushmans said...

Here are a few reasons to stay in Oklahoma:
Have lakes to go....wake boarding in!
Cheaper gas
Cheaper everything!
Money falls from the sky
And, oh yeah, we're here!