Sunday, January 27, 2008

Colorado ski trip


So last minute we decided to head up to Colorado and visit our friend's the Allreds at their cabin. They have been inviting us for the last two years, but the thought of a twelve hour drive with four kids never really excited me! The Orgill's solved that problem by deciding to go as well and carpooling together. At this point I was all game----everyone was leaving on Thursday and I had to teach on Thursday night so I couldn't leave til Friday morning. Gale decided to leave with the Orgill's and I would fly up on Friday morning with a free flight we had just earned and we would all drive back together. I could handle a one way trip.
Gale, the Girls and the Orgill's had a great non-eventful trip on the way up and it was fun non-stop from there on out. We snowboarded, skiied, hot tubbed, played games, read, slept (ok-the kids didn't sleep), hiked to Allred rock (think that name was made up) and ate non stop. The grocery trips ended up totaling 7 or 8 times in 4 days.

I am so glad we went. Our family had such a good time. It was nice to catch up with Darin and Lori. We haven't spent much time with them since they left Oklahoma, and we couldn't stop laughing about all the memories of the 5 years that they were here. Our favorite trip family the Orgills made for more fun and you couldn't have had a better weekend. Gale and I have decided that the Orgill's are party people. You couldn't ask for better friends to have. They are always planning something fun and we are lucky to just tag along and join in the excitement. The kids got along great and of course I dominated in Wacky-six. I think I may have to retire---it just isn't fun winning all the time! (Yes I'm rubbing it in.)


Chloe, Olivia and Elle love to ski and Ava is begging to start, so we may have to make one more ski trip! I can't believe how good they are for only going once or twice a year. The only drawback was that all of the families seemed to have a plethora of girls and a lacking of boys (we needed to have the Cordy's there.) The dancing and music (same song) did get a little much at 11:00 p.m. It is funny to have pictures of the girls in swimsuits at a winter cabin!
And I have to mention my birthday cake. I will put a picture of the cake on. It was the best birthday cake that any person could ever have. It was seven layers and unbelievable. It was also gone in one day. Yes, I did horde. That made a very special birthday for me!

Other funny moments include:
1. Lori looking up the word coif because she didn't believe that I was using the word correctly. We both ended up being correct! And for the minute after when I thought I was going to cry I was laughing so hard.

2. Me flying down the slope and screaming to the lift guy to not let Easton (6 year old Allred) on the chair lift by himself. I'm thinking what an idiot the lift guy is as Easton just starts to hop on the lift by himself.

3. All the adults getting ready to leave after sacrament meeting (yes we went to church) and the girls all wanting to stay for sunday school. (They saw a cute boy and wanted to stay--too bad he was under twelve and still in primary and not old enough for their class)

4. Karen disappearing during Sunday dinner and leaving Richard to burn the noodles. (Yes he went to medical school and residency and he still can burn noodles.)

5. Late night card playing with the adults. Made us feel like we were 15 again. Couldn't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

6. Gale playing Wacky six--she is so territorial (she always has to be in the middle) and she still doesn't win. I still love you...

Thanks again to the Allred's for inviting us and to the Orgill's for driving the trip with us. I have attached some pictures and will attach more here soon when we get them from the other families!

1 comment:

leslie s said...

Sounds like you had a great time! We wish we lived closer to you guys!! Love the funny things that you wrote.