Well, the dissertation continues on! I am getting close to being halfway through my interviews and I must say that it has been the most incredible experience for me to interview these men. My topic is Men who make a career change in their thirties. I am interviewing men who left their jobs by their own choice (can't be fired, laid-off, etc). The stories have been fascinating, but more than that just getting to know these people has been a life changing experience. In interviewing these men I really see how we each create our own lifes. I would love to share some stories, but you will just have to wait for the 300 page dissertation to come (like anyone would ever read it but me and my committee and only because they have to.)
One of my best interviews was today. A 37 year old man who left his job to start his own business complete with a full house of kids and bills etc. I let him know that his name would be confidential and I would have to make up a name for him and did he have any favorites. His response--I would like to be called Chris Bray. I didn't find it very funny.
I put this post in here, because I need to keep on going strong so I can finish in the next 6 months of so. If people know about it then it keeps me interviewing and writing and hopefully finishing soon! and no I will not go by Dr. Bray--except for Ryan Bushman. He must always call me Dr. Bray--why? Something to do with my superior domination of him in Ping Pong and Pfooz Ball and maybe I will make Richard Orgill call me Dr. Bray too. Since he had to go to 10 million years of medical school and I only had to go for 4 or 5.
6 comments:
hmmm I have a feeling you will want me to call you Dr.Bray. I'm Sooooo proud of you!
SUP doc??? Umm now that your a doctor can you check something for me.. Grab a pair of rubber gloves and head on over!!! YAHOOOO!!!!
Nate
Ryan's Response: You must have Pfizer in your blood now, not everything is spelled with a "Pf"! And I will only call you Dr. Gray.
Sarah's Response to Gale's Response: We don't want to know about you playing doctor!
I like Dr. Bray but I really like Dr. MCDreamy at least until you turn 60 a long time from now. Aurora
Chris, I came across Jeff Lee's family blog today and thought you may want to check it out
thegoodapple.blogspot.com.
chris - is it ok if I read your blog, I really wasn't invited, but saw it on gale's, and just love to blog stalk. was that twilight that you were reading? Please tell me that you were just screening it before your girls read it. at least use that as an excuse.
I miss you guys!
Post a Comment