Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Don't tell Mommy

Tonight Gale was gone and Chloe was at a church activity so it was Olivia, Elle, Ava and myself eating dinner and holding down the fort. (Gale had already made dinner, so all I had to do was put it on the plates and get everyone around the table. Can't believe she made me cut everyone's meat and have to carry the plates to the table! Her audacity! She won't get away so easy next time!)
Anyway, I had to laugh, and the more I think about it the more I laugh about our dinner conversation and Elle/Ava's bath/bed conversation. As we sat down to eat I told them that they could each have a can of pop. They didn't have to share. Ava said, "We won't tell Mommy!" I said no way, our secret. Then when the little girls were in the tub I turned the TV towards the tub and let them watch some princess show. Again, "Don't tell mommy!" I then told Ava if she let me wash her hair (if she does it herself it is a 20 minute process and lots of screaming with suds in the eyes) that I would give her some ice cream. She held out her finger and said, "Don't tell mommy". I was cracking up because everything we did we have done before with Mommy home. It really was no big secret. It just made it all the more fun if we snuck in some fun things and didn't tell Mommy! Which made me then wonder what secrets are being kept from Daddy!

1 comment:

Bray said...

No secrets......We tell you everything but now I am starting to rethink it because I now realize you have all these sescrets that I don't know about....hmm. How fun for the girls to have time alone with you!