Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dolly Is in the House!

We have a fascination with Dolly Parton in our house.  It is quite unexplainable, yet is the cause for much joy.  If Dolly is on Hannah Montana we watch, if she comes in concert to Oklahoma we go, if she comes out with new songs we download them.  It is a funny thing.  
Dolly was on American Idol last night so we had to watch.  We crack up at her songs, we like how she talks in the middle of her songs and gets cheesy sometimes.  Elle's favorite song right now is "He's Alive" by Dolly.  It is a resurrection song that Dolly wrote that tells the story of the resurrection.  During Easter we would play the song and all sing along.  It has a really big ending that tops off with Dolly belting out "Sweet Jesus".  The other day Ava got all excited about going on some errands and she yelled out, "Sweet Cheese!"  So the song from here on out has been ruined as we all sing out "Sweet Cheese!" during the big ending.  So much for the spirituality of the song.   

5 comments:

Bray said...

I love how you say WE have a fascination with Dolly.....No not really, it is you that has a fascination with Dolly. We just watch to laugh at you watching Dolly. Thats it.

okbushmans said...

I loved arriving to Church next to you, and hearing the glorious Dolly music spill out of your car, and Ava walking in proclaiming "Sweet Jesus!" I really want her to burst out in a "sweet Jesus" chorus in the middle of Primary!

leslie s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leslie s said...

DOLLY??? REALLY!!! Chris I'm shocked at you! Is it her BIG lips, or her BIG voice, or her BIG Hair...Bet you though I was going to say BIG eyebrows!!

Thanks for the Laugh!!

leslie s said...

Chris...you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about - "Monsieur" I can type the first part if your memory is failing you!! I think it was something like ..."To be or not to be"...LOL..LOL...LOL.
Ohhhhh...it makes my sides hurt....lol.