Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back in the Saddle w/Kenny Loggins!!

Okay--so this summer has come and gone, between Colorado, moving, living in a friends basement, dissertation work, and the occasional pool trip I lost the summer of '08. Where did it go and what was I doing? I don't remember, but let's just say I will never move again. This wasn't the most "fun" summer I remember, just a summer of let's get things done and make it through the day.

So I am back in the saddle again. I am back keeping my journal (blog) and I am recommitting to myself that I will update it at least twice a week. We will see how it goes.

So I found myself working in Little Rock Arkansas yesterday. I was staying overnight and decided to go eat some dinner. It was sprinkling outside so I couldn't ride my bike. (The dilemma was to fly to Little Rock or not, and if I flew I couldn't take my bike to ride and since I never get a free night with nothing to do I decided to drive which is about 5 1/2 hours so when it was raining I was mad that I had hauled my bike drove 5 1/2 hours and then couldn't ride, because I never get a free evening to go for a 2 hour bike ride and Little Rock has the greatest bike path along a river that goes for at least 40-50 miles. ADD statement of the day). So I was walking to dinner and as I am walking I notice that Kenny Loggins is walking towards me. Yes, footloose Kenny Loggins so I say "hi" and he says "hi" back. Since Kenny is in town I realize that there must be a concert so I find out that he is preforming an outdoor concert at the local ampitheater. I get some "free" tickets and proceed to party with Kenny. What a great concert. He may be old as dirt, but the guy can still sing. Now three things hit me as I'm at the concert.

1. Everyone there is over 35 and old. I then realize I am old too.

2. About 10:00 I start yawning and hope that he sings "footloose" so I can go to bed. I then realize #1 again....I am old.

3. I learn that once you pass the age of 35 don't dance at concerts.
I wished Gale could have been with me. We would have rocked out!

No comments: