Thursday, October 16, 2008

My date

Today Ava and I went on a date. How do I know you ask? Well, Ava told me 30 times on our date. I couldn't stop laughing about it. "Dad, we are on a date aren't we?" "Dad, does mommy know we are on a date?" "Dad, we should hold hands, we are on a date!" I never realized how important a "DATE" with Dad is for a four year old.
So what did we do for our date? We ran to Kinko's to make some copies and send a Fed Ex. We had to go buy some envelopes and then we went and ate at McAlisters Deli. We talked about kindergarten, coloring, kids in her class, lunch, mommy (yes, Ava wanted to make sure mommy knew we were on a date and that Dad loved Ava--we had to call mommy 4 times to tell her that). We also got dessert at McAlisters Deli. Dessert at a restaurant for the kids means true love and cements the date deal. I am officially in hero status after the chocolate molten cake with ice cream on the side. I think every Dad should take their little girl on a date and buy her chocolate molten cake and that every girl should have a Dad take her to lunch and hold her hand and look into her eyes during the whole lunch. (I didn't even answer the phone) I think Mommy is jealous.

1 comment:

leslie s said...

That is so cute!! The way Gale goes on and on about you I'm not surprised that your girls think it's pretty fantastic to go out with Dad!!