Remember Bill Crosby as Dr. Huxtable? He was the best fake dad on TV ever. He could handle any situation with humor, love and great advice. I don't remember ever hearing him scream at his kids about their dirty rooms. Yea, well I am pretty much not anywhere near that. So I decided this week that I am going to start working on being a better dad. I have such incredible girls that I need to be a dad who helps them reach their goals and be confident on their journey. I figure the best way to do this is through small things that won't overwhelm me. So here is my new thing; every school night that I am in town I write on their bedroom or bathroom mirror a little piece of advice or cool thought so when they wake up in the morning it gives them an extra "Dad cares about me boost." Here was Day 1 of Elle. I won't put on Chloe and Olivia's as it is a bit cheesy and personal:
As a big suprise to me later that day I started getting notes back on my mirror....Here is what Elle wrote back....a bit of advice for me.
So I knew I had gone to far when I started getting requests for to do list items written on my mirror from my two teenagers. They ruined such a great thing, I think I will go scream at them. (But I am still going to keep up with the mirror writing!)

No comments:
Post a Comment