Chloe is having 35 7th graders over to our house for a party on Halloween. Because she is having a party she can't possibly wear the same costume to two different parties within the same week. So there was a frantic search to find her a costume before the 7 o'clock start time of the party. She ended up going as Miss America. The shocking thing about it is that when she came out in full costume she looked better than Miss America. So your probably thinking..a Miss America coming out of Oklahoma? Let's see....who is the current Miss America. None other than Lauren Nelson from our home town of Edmond, Oklahoma and one of the students at UCO where I teach. (Gale has assurred me that hair that high and wide deserves a crown on it!)
This just gets better. I had to go find a picture of our hometown girl from the Miss America website and I just found out she has a blog site. Just in case you want to catch up on Lauren her blog is http://www.blog.missamerica.org/. Now, I have always been a bit against the whole pageant thing, but with as many girls as I have and the college scholarships they offer the girls may have to start entering them! (That is a pure joke!)Here is how great Chloe looked. What happened to my little girl? and yes she is much cuter and more talented than Miss Nelson from Edmond Oklahoma. She may have to work on the big hair if she is really going to make it.

The great thing was the talk we had on the way home after the party. She still shares everything with me, even if when she is telling me I cringe and can barely stand it. I have learned to smile and just listen (most of the time--but I was lucky I was in the dark car and she couldn't tell).
Talking about big hair--today was crazy hair day at Centennial Elementary school for Olivia and Elle. Pictures speak much louder than words, but let's just say we were all laughing our heads off all morning long. I could barely fit them in the car. Does Cindy Lou Who come to mind?


No comments:
Post a Comment