Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Boys--you be getting coal for Christmas

So I am ruining the life of 15 year old teenagers. A couple of nights ago I was walking into my office around 9:30 at night. I noticed a car parked down the street with its lights on and about 8 teenage boys running towards my house. I hadn't turned on my office lights yet so I watched them. They proceeded to attack my three lighted, motorized reindeer that I had specially situated around a tree. My little girls even were naming the reindeer. Well, the teenage boys were attacking my special lighted, motorized reindeer and putting them in precarious positions that were not appropriate for my children to witness and were not appropriate for those young men to be doing either. So let's just say I turned into the heat meizer in a matter of a few seconds, I snuck out the front door and ran towards then and right before I pounced on them I screamed at them (more like a scream from Jack in the Shining than a 12 year old girls scream). Well I grabbed two while the others wet their pants and ran for their lives, one escaped because he ripped his shirt trying to get away and left half of it in my hands. The other one just about passed out so I was able to drag him into the house, put him in my office, grab the phone and ask him who he would like me to call. The cops or his parents. He chose the later so we had a talk with his parents. The poor boy was so scared he was shaking. I felt bad as I know I had done similar stupid acts when I was a teenage boy, so I had mercy on him and told him I was not going to make him pay for the reindeer and that he should go home. I suggested that he wait for his parents to pick him up since it was so cold outside, he said he was fine and ran off around the corner. I felt like such a stud for stopping them until family and friends reminded me that it was just a bunch of 14-15 year old boys. SAVE THE REINDEER!!!! my new bumpersticker.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the reference to the Heat mizer from one of my favorite corny Christmas shows. You are rescuing the reindeer population from all the compromising positions they are placed in every year by teenage boys. Parents vs. Cops was a nice touch.

okbushmans said...

This tops the other reindeer/neighbor story! I laughed so hard, and I will probably ask you to re-tell it in person so I can get the full effect!