I love change and excitement--but there comes a time when I don't want things to change. Such as today. Yesterday as Gale and I were heading out on our Saturday night date I told her I had the feeling that things were going to change at church. Well, we arrived today at church and lurking in the sidelines waiting for me to arrive was a member of the bishopric. I am now officially out of Primary. I had the best calling in the church and it slipped through my fingers. I played the piano for primary. Let me list all of the great things about my calling (past calling that is)
1. Working with Brother Rudd--Past Stake President who is by far the best primary chorister the church has ever seen. He had the kids eating out of his hands.
2. Having my stash of treats. I was behind the piano and no one could see. So I brought my snacks, a can of pop and just chowed during primary. Happy is me--Happy is me! (primary song in case you didn't get it)
3. My wife was the Primary President. It was lots of fun to have my wife, and all of my four kids in Primary. We always had a good time.
4. The best lessons that are taught in the church are taught in Primary. It seemed on a weekly basis I was really touched and edified by the gospel principles that were being taught.
5. I really liked spicing up the Primary songs. Especially when it was spotlight time. Nothing is better than a good piano drumroll when it comes to spotlight time.
Those are just a few. Well, once Gale was released Sis Bushman was called and she ousted me before I could get the piano bench warm. But I'm not bitter----To be honest I think it had to do with the bitterness her husband feels towards me because he can't beat me at ping-pong. No matter how much he sweats, fights and screams he can't beat me (unless it is past midnight and I'm exhausted--then I am weak!).
The other big change is my two oldest daughters Chloe and Olivia. I hate to watch them grow up so fast. I want them to stay my little girls, but as I watch them grow up I am amazed at what incredible women they are becoming and what talents they possess. Must take after their mother. Who thought fatherhood of four girls could be so fun!!
1. Working with Brother Rudd--Past Stake President who is by far the best primary chorister the church has ever seen. He had the kids eating out of his hands.2. Having my stash of treats. I was behind the piano and no one could see. So I brought my snacks, a can of pop and just chowed during primary. Happy is me--Happy is me! (primary song in case you didn't get it)
3. My wife was the Primary President. It was lots of fun to have my wife, and all of my four kids in Primary. We always had a good time.
4. The best lessons that are taught in the church are taught in Primary. It seemed on a weekly basis I was really touched and edified by the gospel principles that were being taught.
5. I really liked spicing up the Primary songs. Especially when it was spotlight time. Nothing is better than a good piano drumroll when it comes to spotlight time.
Those are just a few. Well, once Gale was released Sis Bushman was called and she ousted me before I could get the piano bench warm. But I'm not bitter----To be honest I think it had to do with the bitterness her husband feels towards me because he can't beat me at ping-pong. No matter how much he sweats, fights and screams he can't beat me (unless it is past midnight and I'm exhausted--then I am weak!).
The other big change is my two oldest daughters Chloe and Olivia. I hate to watch them grow up so fast. I want them to stay my little girls, but as I watch them grow up I am amazed at what incredible women they are becoming and what talents they possess. Must take after their mother. Who thought fatherhood of four girls could be so fun!!
3 comments:
I couldn't wait to get you outta there! Actually, I am very upset you were STOLLEN from us by another auxillary! I loved the "comedy club" feel you brought to the place with your impromptu piano skills. The only upside with you and Gale out of Primary (and I mean the only upside!) is that the flirting level has dropped down to zero!
As a fellow Primary pianist, I mourn for your departure from the best kept secret in the church. I agree with everything you listed. After you wise advise, at Thanksgiving, I started bringing my own snack stash too. It was like popcorn and a movie. I hope to stay under the radar for another year or so.
dad,
u r soo funny. you will be great at whatever calling you have!!!
luv ya
chloe
Post a Comment