Life can be so great. When you are at the right place at just the right moment and you see something happen or experience something, and you say to yourself. I am so glad that I'm alive and can experience a moment like this.Gale and I had one of those the other day on our walk. As we were walking we could hear someone screaming in front of us, not a scared scream, but one that you get when you realize that your child just spilled paint on the carpet, or left the light in the car on and now the battery is dead and you have to be some where in 2 minutes--that type of scream.
We were so excited to see what was going on we picked up our pace and stopped talking so we could hear what was occuring. (Gale can be a bit nosey) As we got closer we could see a man screaming at two women to pick up the pace and quit being lazy and to move faster. Now the women were quite large and I could tell their bodies wanted to move faster, but just wouldn't let them. The excitement of the moment and the intensity of this guy screaming at them to move increased as we got closer. We didn't want to pass them as it would be a bit awkward for us to pass the screaming man and the can't breathe and still trying to move women. We kept on closing in on them and as we were just coming upon them the man screamed out, "Get moving...you haven't seen skinny since 1991!!!" I couldn't help it, but I burst out laughing. Not the kind of laugh that you can hide, but the kind of laugh that I bend over because I can't move and I'm waking the neighbors and their dead relatives kind of laugh. I couldn't help it, so to try and cover it up and I smiled real big and said...You look like you are having so much fun and listening to you is so motivating....can I work out with you? As soon as I said that Gale looked at me with the "What are you saying" type of look and the women looked at me with a "Are you crazy...because this guy is crazy!! Run for your life...." and at that we got out of there.
To watch our escape was in itself quite funny. You can't really walk away to fast unless you move your arms really big like those walking ladies who wear a visor or a braided sweat band around their head and a fanny pack with necessary walking supplies. Including the hand weights that are necessary for a great workout/walk. Yea--that would be us.
2 comments:
That is hilarious. And the sad thing is those ladies need someone like that to almost intimidate them into getting healthy!
I'm still lauphing...That is so darn funny! I always look forward to hanging out with you guys because "funny" always happens around you two...Remember the throw-up guy at the Calaway! Never would have seen that if you guys hadn't been there! HUMMM that may have been a good thing...
Post a Comment