Elle-This is my letter to you on your 7th birthday. I LOVE you so much. I can not imagine a green-eyed little girl who I love more. You are my favorite Elle in the whole world. There is so much to love about you I can barely write them all in one post.
We waited four years after Olivia to have you, so when you came into our lives we were ready and excited. A better baby there has never been on the Earth. You have been so sweet and kind since the day you were born. Your eyes were always deep pools, that your mom and I would look into for hours wondering what was going on in there, and the interesting thing is that nothing has changed. You have such a deep thoughtful spirit in that little body of yours, you understand so much more than we give you credit for. Your one dead give away is your tender heart and soul. Whenever you feel something, you feel it so deep that your green eyes let loose a waterfall of emotion. You can never hide it, and I'm glad. It gives me a glimpse into your soul.
I love how completely unique you are in our family. You don't seek after the spotlight, in fact you shun it and happily pass it on to your sisters. We love you for this. You watch everyone and everything and think about what is going on around you and then you will always talk about it later giving me your thoughts and feelings. It is worth the wait every time. I am always amazed at your thoughtful expressions and the way you word things. You have taken me by surprise so many times, as it has been said, "out of the mouths of babes!"
I love your laugh and contagious personality. You bring such joy into our family. Your laugh and sense of humor is so funny. I often can't stop laughing when you start. It is like an happy infection that you start. I can tell the kids at school like it also.
You have the most beautiful insides of anyone I know. You are kind, sweet, thoughtful, caring and you can clean your room. (please teach your sisters). You know just when to give me back scratches and you always do just the right thing for your sisters. You bring such peace into our home. I wonder what great things you will do with this talent. It is such a gift from God. How lucky we are to have it in our home.
You are also so beautiful on the outside. You often take my breath away with your green eyes and smile. You get your beauty from your mother.
Elle-I love you and I am so glad you are in my family. I can't wait to watch you grow up. Just promise that I will always be able to lay next to you every night and tell you Sugar Love stories!
Love Dad...
1 comment:
What? Green eyes! I always thought they were BLUE! I'm lost. Very sweet post about a very adorable girl! Love it!
Post a Comment