Sunday, September 7, 2008

Instead of

Today Instead of...

1. waking up tired and barely comprehending who I am and where I am I smiled at everyone in the house and said good morning with a big hug.
2. thinking of all the things I had to accomplish in the day I just talked with my girls at breakfast.
3. screaming at the kids to get ready for church I just kept quiet and helped.
4. getting mad at the girls for fighting, touching each other, bugging each other etc. I smiled and winked at them in the rear view mirror.
5. taking a nap I played with my girls.
6. worrying about the house being clean we invited some friends and their children over for dinner.
7. sitting back I said hello to everyone first.
8. worrying about all the stuff I need and want to accomplish in my life I just sat still and didn't worry.
9. lecturing my children I just sat and asked them questions and listened to them.
10. telling my wife I loved her 3 or more times a day, I showed her by saying things I never say to her.
11. thinking about the future and the past I just thought about today.

And the funny thing is....It was the best day I have had in a long time!

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

those are the kind of days where i feel like i am really living. in some ways it is so easy to do, but so hard at the same time. i always enjoy your blog.

okbushmans said...

If I could do one of those "instead of"'s I would consider the day a success!