Charlotte lives right outside the door to the side of the house. I pass her everytime I go to my car. I really like her cause I never have to walk her, pet her, groom her or any of that gross stuff. I do have to feed her, but that is easy I just turn on the flood light which is right behind her web and she gets more than her share. It is so easy. Sometimes I forgot but it doesn't seem to bother her. If I feel like I haven't given her enough attention I catch a grass hopper or a moth and throw it in her web. So fun! She likes me too because she builds beautiful webs and if I get close enough to check on her she shows me how fast she runs by climbing her web. Sometimes she wants to play hide and seek (she always hides under the rain gutter, but I pretend like I don't know where she is). I love Charlotte and I can now say I am a pet person!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
My pet
I don't really like pets, I never have. I blame my mother who never groomed her cat (cat hair everywhere) and who never really potty trained her dog. (you fill in the blanks with that one) Needless to say we have no animals in our house. (If you don't count children after a slurpee run) I also have really, really, really bad, bad allergies (I think) to all animals so that helps with explaining to the girls why all their friends have animals but they don't. And then I realized yesterday that I do have a pet and I have had one almost every year since Gale and I got married. So I would like to introduce our family pet, (but really my own) to the world. Meet Charlotte
Charlotte lives right outside the door to the side of the house. I pass her everytime I go to my car. I really like her cause I never have to walk her, pet her, groom her or any of that gross stuff. I do have to feed her, but that is easy I just turn on the flood light which is right behind her web and she gets more than her share. It is so easy. Sometimes I forgot but it doesn't seem to bother her. If I feel like I haven't given her enough attention I catch a grass hopper or a moth and throw it in her web. So fun! She likes me too because she builds beautiful webs and if I get close enough to check on her she shows me how fast she runs by climbing her web. Sometimes she wants to play hide and seek (she always hides under the rain gutter, but I pretend like I don't know where she is). I love Charlotte and I can now say I am a pet person!
Charlotte lives right outside the door to the side of the house. I pass her everytime I go to my car. I really like her cause I never have to walk her, pet her, groom her or any of that gross stuff. I do have to feed her, but that is easy I just turn on the flood light which is right behind her web and she gets more than her share. It is so easy. Sometimes I forgot but it doesn't seem to bother her. If I feel like I haven't given her enough attention I catch a grass hopper or a moth and throw it in her web. So fun! She likes me too because she builds beautiful webs and if I get close enough to check on her she shows me how fast she runs by climbing her web. Sometimes she wants to play hide and seek (she always hides under the rain gutter, but I pretend like I don't know where she is). I love Charlotte and I can now say I am a pet person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment