Saturday, July 18, 2009

Life is Funny!


So after my last post life decided to throw me a bone and show me a funny face. Life actually pulled some serious funny punches this week. Let me share:

1. In the Dallas Love Airport I was running late to catch a connection but had to use the restroom desperately! Knowing I had about three minutes before they finished boarding I ran into the restroom only to realize it was the lady's restroom. Woops! Sorry ladies. I went straight to my flight and got on and just held it till we took off.

2. I walk every morning for about 1/2 hour to get ready for my day and have some nice quiet time. Part of the path I walk on passes the golf course in the neighborhood and a lot that usually has a few golf balls in it from golfers who went wrong (and are to embarrassed to walk into the subdivision and grab their bad shot.) This morning I spotted a golf ball near the curb at the same moment another golfer did. Whether it was his ball I will never know, but if your shot was that bad and it landed in the lot it is fair game. He looked at me and we both realized at the same time what we both wanted. He wanted the ball (I assume) because he is not a great golfer and was headed for a myriad of bad shots for his next six holes and was running low on golf balls and didn't want to buy anymore--the cheapskate. I on the other hand wanted to get the ball to give to my daughters to sell in their lemonade stand and earn money for church camp.

So he jumped from his cart and half sprinted to the ball while I maintained my same dignified walk pace, (but with all my mind wanting to sprint and grab it). He made it to the ball about 3 seconds before I did and standing no more than 3 feet away looked at it and yelled to his golfing buddies. "This is it!" I was shocked, The LIAR!!! You know where liars are thrust down to!!! Wash his mouth out with soap at the golf ball cleaning stand. That ball was mine---but being the friendly guy that I am and not drawn up in such childish, crazy things I smiled at him and then whispered under my breath. "nice shot." Did I say that out loud? Thinking back I don't think I did.

No comments: