Monday, December 24, 2007

Gale's Birthday

Today is Gale's birthday. What a fun day we had! We celebrated a day early, due to the fact that we couldn't offer a full 40th celebration on Sunday. We got up and opened up some presents and immediately departed for IHOP. (I think this was more for the girls than for Gale!) We opened more presents at IHOP and Gale also read letters that I had the girls write, as well as Gale's family. The letters were done so well. Everyone spent so much time on writing meaningful letters to Gale.

We don't look so great----but does anybody at IHOP at 8:30 in the morning?

We then came home and Gale took a long bath while the girls and I cleaned up the house and then we headed to the movie theater. We watched National Treasure. (Again, I think that was more for the girls!) We ate tons of popcorn and drank ourselves to oblivion with sprite and rootbeer. It was great.

We then came home and changed and immediately headed off on our date to Sushi Neiko. (The Red Canyon is the best sushi you have ever had if you go there) and then Gale and I went to another movie--I Legend.

It is amazing that my wife is 40! I don't know where the time has past. During dinner we laughed about our dating and early married life. What life was like without children, and how glad we are to have four wonderful girls. The past 15 years have been great to Gale. She just seems to get better with age, she is such a beatiful person at the age of 40. Patience, kindness, charity can usually be seen on the face of a person and it shows on Gale. Plus she is the hottest mama I know! I can't wait for the next 40 years.

No comments: